Easy, Real Fruit Gummies
These are easy, healthy and delicious! I like to blend my own fruit puree using frozen fruit that’s been thawed. Try any combination of fruits; in this variation I used strawberry puree and apricot juice. I only add sweetener if I’m using tart fruit and juice. You can use gummy molds, though it’s not necessary. I use two Non-Stick Silicone Bread Pans and then slice the gummies into small squares or let the kids use small cookie cutters to press shapes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- 2/3 cup fruit puree
- 1/3 cup 100% fruit juice
- 8 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- Make your fruit puree by blending it until smooth. Transfer the puree to a medium or large measuring cup with a spout.
- Pour the juice into a small pot over medium-low heat. Add the gelatin while whisking constantly, bringing the mixture to just below a simmer so that it is warm, not scorching. You want the gelatin to completely dissolve, and depending on the juice you’re using, the mixture will be milky or clear.
- Pour the juice mixture into the puree and whisk to combine.
- Pour the gummy mixture into the bread pans (or molds) and transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes. Set a timer!
- After 15 minutes, pull the gummies from the freezer and cut as desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: homemade candy, fruit gummies, healthy kid snack, healthy snack, gummies, real fruit gummies