- olive oil, enough to coat the broccoli
- a sprinkle of sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven broiler to hi, or to the highest oven temperature.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, and peel and chop the stems.
- Arrange the broccoli on a baking sheet or in a baking dish, and coat generously with olive oil and a splash of sea salt.
- Place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, and broil until visibly charred (checking once or twice). Remove and toss with a spatula. Continue broiling for about 5-10 minutes more, until broccoli is tender and evenly charred.