Have you ever wondered how a chef goes about burning broccoli to crispy, charred perfection? It’s unbelievably easy! Here’s a small technique with big implications. This will transform your broccoli experience. Swap in this smoky, crunchy delight for generic stirfry or steamed broccoli in any dish like Popovers with Caramelized Bacon and Broccoli or salads.
Craving more? Order my cookbook today on Amazon!
- olive oil, enough to coat the broccoli
- a sprinkle of sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven broiler to hi, or to the highest oven temperature.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, and peel and chop the stems.
- Arrange the broccoli on a baking sheet or in a baking dish, and coat generously with olive oil and a splash of sea salt.
- Place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, and broil until visibly charred (checking once or twice). Remove and toss with a spatula. Continue broiling for about 5-10 minutes more, until broccoli is tender and evenly charred.