White Bean, Blueberry & Roasted Garlic Spread
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 2 heads
- Walnut – 1/2 cup walnuts
- White beans – 1 can white beans, such as Cannellini or Great Northern
- Blueberry jam – tablespoons
- Rosemary – 2 teaspoons crushed, dried
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- White pepper – 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off 1/4 inch from the stem-side of each head of garlic. Put the heads of garlic in a baking proof dish and coat with olive oil. Cover with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove and let them cool. Once cool, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin and into a food processor or blender they will go willingly.
- While the garlic is cooling, toast the walnuts in a dry pan over medium heat. Watch them, or they will burn! When you can smell the buttery walnut aroma, transfer them from the pan to the food processor.
- Drain the can of beans and add them to the food processor along with the remaining ingredients.
- Whizz the food processor until you have a thick, smooth texture, like hummus. Voila!