I love this recipe! It calls for ingredients that you are almost always likely to find in your refrigerator this time of year. It’s quick, easy and delivers a nutrition-packed dish with sweet maple-apple overtones!
Bacon and Apple Braised Greens
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 3/4 cup chopped bacon
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 big handfuls of mixed winter greens, coarsely chopped
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high. Add the bacon and allow it to crisp and release all of its delicious grease!
- Add the apples, maple syrup, rosemary, salt and pepper and stir. Allow the apples to slightly brown, sauteing them with the bacon for about 5 minutes.
- Add the greens and cover the pan with a lid.
- Once the greens have wilted slightly, toss them with tongs or other utensil, mixing the greens with the bacon and apple. Cover again and simmer over medium heat until the greens are fully wilted.
- Toss once more, mixing thoroughly before serving.