Pumpkin Week: Day 2!
Roasted pumpkin seeds are positively addictive – but it’s ok, because they’re loaded with nutritional goodness! I also love using every part of the pumpkin, from the carved shell, to the pureed pulp. Lightly dress your pumpkins seeds with salt, or add a medley of your favorite spices to make them savory or sweet!
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, from 1 pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sel gris or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse and pat dry your pumpkin seeds, removing any strings of flesh. (Note: pumpkin seeds are scooped out of your pumpkin when carving or cooking).
- In a medium bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds with your choice of seasoning.
- Spread the seeds evenly on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack, and roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let the seeds air dry to a sheet of paper towel or a clean tray.