The most beloved Italian antipasti, Insalata Caprese, is traditionally made with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh mozzarella. This one is for the vegans, or anyone trying to tame their dairy intake (not me!). A quick fix to use up the influx of gorgeous tomatoes, and play with more exotic olive oils and vinegars.
Tofu Caprese Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Tomatoes – 2-3 colorful tomatoes (yellow, red, purple), thinly sliced into wheels
- Tofu – 4 oz. extra firm tofu, thinly slivered like mozzarella slices
- Basil leaves – Handful of basil leaves, coarsely torn
- Sea salt – Sprinkle of your finest or most fun sea salt
- Black pepper – Sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil – Drizzle of your favorite olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar – Drizzle of your favorite balsamic vinegar
- Arrange the tomato and tofu in a wheel on a plate, overlapping.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Ta da! It’s that easy!