I personally think that kale, white beans and pasta are a superb combination. Fried spicy chorizos give an extra kick to it. If you prefer vegetarian or vegan food then add some chilli flakes instead.
Pasta – 1 lb pasta
Cannellini beans –
Garlic – 2-3 cloves garlic, or 1 tbs., minced
Onion – 1 onion, sliced
Chorizo – 1 Chorizo
Kale – 1 bunch of kale, chopped
Tomatoes – 6 dried tomatoes
Parmesan – 4 tablespoons
Olive oil, Salt and Pepper –
This should take not longer than 30min. I prepared the chorizo in an extra pan to keep it separate from the pasta. If you don’t need to prepare it separately, then put everything in one pan and fry the chorizo together with the onion, tomatos and garlic. You can also use butter instead of vegetable or olive oil, if you prefer.
1. Bring two big pots with salted water to boil, one for the pasta, one for the kale.
2. Boil pasta until al dente (7min). Keep 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Rinse the pasta in water to rinse of the starch. Put to side.
3. Boil kale 6-8min. Don’t let the kale get grey. Rinse in ice-cold water then, to preserve its nice green color. Put to side.
4. Slice the onion, dried tomatos and mince the garlic. Open the can of beans and drain.
5. Slice the chorizo and fry in a pan with a little olive oil.
6. Heat up another big pan with some olive oil (don’t burn th oil). Add the onions, tomatos and garlic. Add the pasta and roast a little. Deglaze with the pasta water, add the beans and kale. Stir until kale and beans have temperature. No further cooking is required.
7. Serve hot with chorizo and parmesan as topping.