Five ingredients in five minutes. Simplicity at its best. A refreshing accompaniment to any meal, or by itself with a slab of crusty bread or a rice cake.
Cucumber, Dill and Yogurt Salad
- Cukes – 1.5 cup diced cukes
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Yogurt – 1/3 cup creamy plain yogurt
- Dill – 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill, or more!
- Sea salt and Pepper – Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Halve the cukes and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Eat em’!
- Dice the cukes and coat with salt. Place in a colander in the sink or over a bowl, and allow them to drain off excess water. Rinse off the salt and let them dry on a tea towel. (Note: if you are using hardier pickling cukes, they won’t need to be drained. However, the big fat conventional ones from the grocery store are chock full of water, and will make your salad soupy if not drained well).
- Put the cukes, lemon juice, yogurt, sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well and serve!