The best carrot invention in my kitchen. This dish is like candy, impossible to keep in stock. The trick? Bee Raw‘s rare varietal buckwheat honey, though most pure (raw), unadulterated buckwheat honeys should do! (And easy as turning a key).
Buckwheat Honey Seared Carrots
An excellent side or pairing dish with Citrus Sun-Dried Tomato and Caper Baked haddock and Red Rice pilaf (recipes coming next!).
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon buckwheat honey
- 3 large carrots, sliced into thin wheels
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent. Then cover and caramelize for about 5 minutes.
- Add the honey. As soon as it melts, add the carrots and spices.
- Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until carrots are al dente (just about to be tender, but still firm).