Whether you believe in Valentines Day or not, you’ll find it particularly hard to avoid the chocolate madness that arrives on February 14. Personally, I embrace it (which is how I feel about chocolate after most meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinner). The more the merrier, especially when you’re loved one enjoys indulging just as much. Here’s a convenient, bite-sized way to satisfy the urge, prolong it, and clean up any fondue leftovers (eh-hem).
Chocolate Covered Everything!
(Taken straight from the Hen Potluck)
I did my due diligence in search of a proper recipe, and found that most called for some sort of chocolate and some sort of cream. Based on price and quality, I found my fixings and winged the proportions. The result was lip-smacking.
- 24 ounces, or 2 bags, Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking chocolate chips
- 8 ounces heavy cream, this is where quality counts!
- an assortment of fruit (clementines, bananas, strawberries), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- almonds, crystalized ginger, pretzel pieces, and any other food imaginable that pairs with chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside on the counter top.
- Add milk and cream to a small pot and heat gently on the stove top. Stir continuously until the chocolate melts and fully blends with the cream into a rich, creamy consistency. Remove to a bowl.
- In small batches, add your bits and pieces and coat generously with chocolate. Using tongs or chopsticks, transfer to the wax paper. If the pieces touch, don’t worry! (Eat as you go).
- When the tray is full, move to the freezer. Store overnight or for a few hours until they harden. Remove from freezer and pop off of wax paper. Store in an airtight tupperware in the freezer or the refrigerator. They may get a bit melty on the countertop.
- Lip-smacking. Delightful.