A few ideas for lunch, snack-time, appetizers, and more to keep you perky and pleased in the oddly Spring-like winter months.
Herbed White Bean and Tuna Dip
When buying canned goods from the store, check the ingredients. Make sure there are ONLY words you can read, and only the ingredients you are looking for. Beans? Beans, water, and salt is ok. Ideally, just beans. Benzo-blah-blah and other funky business is best avoided. Think: “Could I add this in my home?” If the answer is no, leave it behind.
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 1 can white beans, butter beans or Great Northern White
- 1 can tuna, (preferably in olive oil, otherwise water will do)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Serve with corn tortilla chips, toasted pita, or fresh bread and cheese.