Kale Salad & Baby Potatoes
This is one of my Mamma’s specialties, and a great way to take the chewiness out of kale while preserving it’s nutrients.
- 1 bunch kale, stripped from stems and torn into pieces
- 1/2 red onion, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, or seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- as many unpeeled potatoes as you like, the smaller the sweeter, aim for consistency in size
- olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- Toss thoroughly. Serve immediately, or even better, marinate in the fridge for an hour or so before serving. Great the next day, and the day after that, and after that. But it won’t last long!
- Bring the potatoes to a boil in a pot. Simmer until fork tender. Drain and dress with olive oil, S&P.
A simple fall feast which reminds us of bygone summer days. This Kale Salad is always a hit, and a neutral pairing (or spotlight) for most meals. Fresh potatoes are best eaten simple: olive oil and salt.