Inspired by “The Mitsitam Cafe Cookbook” (a gift from my step-mother-in-law to be, or simply, the wonderful Alice!). This cookbook includes recipes from the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian. Local, local, native, and local. This post is picture-rific!
Hazelnut and Honey-Roasted Acorn Squash
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skinned
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium to large acorn squash, unpeeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 365. In a food processer, pulse nuts until coarsley ground. Add butter and pulse. Add honey and mix ingredients. Grease baking sheet with butter. Arrange squash wedges skin side down. Sprinkle with S&P. Spread with hazelnut butter – roast until fork tender for about 40 minutes.