A soothing fall soup, sweet and a pinch spicy. Ginger optional.
Curried Carrot-Ginger Soup
- 4.5 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (sub with olive oil, or 1/3 cup coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- sea salt & pepper
- Cook the carrot and potatoes in a pot with 3 cups of water. Keep the lid on for faster cooking. When fork-tender, drain over a bowl and save the water.
- Replace the pot on the stove, and heat the coconut oil (or olive oil). Add onions and ginger. Saute until translucent. Add in the carrots and potatoes and saute for 5 minutes. Add back water with spices (and coconut milk). Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and blend. Careful, you need to pulse hot liquids or you’ll end up exploding the contents of your blender.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, sour cream or creme fraiche. Sprinkle tarragon.