Kale Pasta with Roasted Peppers & Garlic
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- generous bunch of kale, washed and torn
- 1 bell pepper, sliced in half and seeds removed
- 3 cloves unpeeled garlic
- 1/3 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 4 tablespoon sun-dried tomato olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Feta
- 2/3 box of penne pasta
- Bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta. Follow standard cooking instructions for pasta.
- Turn the oven broiler on high. Place your oven rack on the second rung down from the top. In a small baking dish or cookie sheet, coat garlic cloves and bell pepper in light olive oil. Place in oven. Turn over continuously until pepper is charred and cooked (garlic will be ready at the same time). Set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, wilt kale with a drop of light olive oil. The water from washing the kale will help it steam as well.
- In a small dish, add sun-dried tomato olive oil, roasted garlic (you can squeeze it from the peel, or remove peel), salt and pepper. Mix well. When pasta is done, drain and add back to the pot. Add olive oil mixture and stir until pasta is coated. Replace lid on the pot to prevent the pasta from becoming sticky and cold.
- Chop pepper into 1 in. strips and mix with kale. Add to pasta and mix again. Sprinkle with feta and serve. (Served here with a Heirloom Caprese Salad).