Garlic, butter, white wine. Who wouldn’t?
Now, my mother says its a cardinal Italian rule NOT to eat cheese with fish. I think this pasta is dying for a sprinkle – your call.
Capellini, Baby Clams and Tat Soi
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/3 box capellini pasta
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 can of baby clams
- 1 tablespoon. chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 heaping handfuls tat soi, substitute with arugula or spinach
- red pepper flakes
- grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta: follow instructions on the box. Melt the butter in a saucepan and sautee the garlic until golden brown. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, white wine and parsley, S&P and simmer for 5 minutes. Add clams and continue simmering for about 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust above measurements according to preference. Heck, throw some more butter in!
- When the sauce is ready, at the last minute throw the greens on top and cover with a lid. Remove from stove top and add to pasta. Greens will wilt sufficiently and continue cooking when mixed with the hot pasta and sauce.
Allergens: dairy, fish