Thai Seafood Stew
You can use just one type of seafood, or a mix. You can substitute or add vegetables, like eggplant, zucchini, or peppers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 small Roma tomatoes, or Plum tomatoes, coarsely sliced
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- 3 boiled potatoes, recycled from our barbeque two nights ago, coarsely sliced
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb firm fleshed white fish, like mahi mahi, tilapia, etc. (ask at the fish counter!)
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 cans whole coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow Thai curry paste
- Jasmine rice, prepare the desired portion per person – follow the instructions on the box or packet
- In a wok, or large pan, simmer the onions in light olive oil or canola oil. Add curry paste and coconut milk and stir. Add all other ingredients, and simmer until seafood is thawed and cooked. Continue simmering for added flavor.
- Last, add a handful of basil, the Thai basil variety is ideal. Serve over a bed of rice. We complimented this delightful summer stew with violetto beans from the garden.