Another creative way to use up your leftovers and extend the feast! This recipe comes straight from GreenStar Coop. Alas, I have no leftover cranberry sauce to play with, but these muffins sound so phenomenal that I wanted to share the recipe. When I dropped by the coop the other day for some last minute essentials, I chatted with the recipe creator, Deb, who tested these muffins several times to perfection. I borrowed these beautiful pictures from my friend Shoshi’s wild harvest in a cranberry bog near Ithaca, and cranberry sauce muffins from Chef Dennis.
- 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 cups of leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or line with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to cranberry mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.