Asian soup is one of Antje’s alltime favorites. I know, lobster is a bit pricy. Well, this was a good year for Maine lobster and prices are down a bit, but still, shrimps are cheaper and also do the job here. I especially like the combination of kohlrabi, coconut milk and chili. That alone is a side dish for me, i.e. with grilled fish or chicken
This is a very simple recipe and prepared in less than 30min! But you can be creative and use other ingredients; i.e. more traditional, like rice noodles, lemongras, eggplant and thai basil.
- Kohlrabi -
- Broccoli -
- Garlic - 1 clove garlic, minced
- Onion - 1 onion
- Cilantro - 1 bunch cilantro
- Tomatoes - 3 tomatoes
- Coconut milk - 1 can coconut milk
- Lobster - 1 lb precooked lobster
- Salt and Pepper, Oil, Chili, Ginger, Lime -
- Before you start, prepare the rice stick puffs. You just need to fry them in hot vegetable oil. They puff in a split second!Cautious with the hot oil. Heat up oil in a pot. Take one rice stick first. It should puff immediately. Then, try a handful. Put the puffed rice sticks on a paper towl till soup is finished.
- Slice kohlrabi and onion in short sticks, mince the garlic
- Wash and clean the broccoli, dice the tomatoes
- Glace in a pot the onions and garlic in little hot oil
- Add the kohlrabi, diced ginger, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and the coconut milk
- Cook until kohlrabi gets a bit soft (10min)
- Add the tomatos and cook 5 more minutes (check, if you need more salt)
- Pull the meat from the precooked lobster and marinate in lime juice
- Add broccoli to the soup, cook for 3 minutes (check, if you need more salt)
- Turn the heat off and add the lobster
- Garnish the soup with lots of cilantro and puffed rice sticks. Enjoy!