My friend Shoshi says that “balsamic vinegar kisses everything it touches.” I could not put this salad sensation into better words. Here is another spin on my favorite August salad (see below for more variations).
Balsamic, Basil, Peach and Tomato Salad
- Peach - 1 peach, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes - About 10 cherry tomatoes of all shapes, colors and sizes, sliced
- Basil leaves - A handful of basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Balsamic - 1 tablespoon balsamic, preferably a rich one like chocolate balsamic
- Parmesan shavings - Parmesan shavings, as many as you like!
- Sea salt - Sprinkle of sea salt
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and toss! Serve with a hunk of bread, or as a side to any entree.
- See more twists on this simple salad:
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad
- Peach, Tomato, Basil and Blue Cheese Salad
- Peach, Tomato and Chive Salad