I bow to the ingredients in this masterpiece. For vegetarians, leave behind the sausage.
Double the quantities for a larger pie.
Savory Bread Pudding with Spring Onion and Summer Sausage
- Butter - 1 teaspoon
- Spring onion - 1 spring onion, diced
- Beef sausage - 1/2 beef sausage, diced
- Multi-grain bread - 1 slice multi-grain bread
- Eggs - 2 eggs, beaten
- Salsa - 1 tablespoon
- Cheddar - 1/4 grated cheddar
- Cilantro - A few sprigs cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small frying pan, melt the butter and saute the spring onion until it is lightly browned.
- Put the onions in a small baking dish, about 4 inches wide. Add the sausage, bread and eggs. Mix together.
- Spread the salsa on top of the mixture.
- Layer the cheddar on top.
- Place the bread pudding in the oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 400, and continue baking for 10 more minutes.
- Remove and let cool for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve!
Allergens: dairy, eggs