Sunday brunch. Easy, fulfilling, healthy, unique and colorful!
Curried Tofu and Garlic Scape Frittata
- Unsalted butter - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic - 5 garlic scape, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Tofu - 1 cup diced firm tofu
- Curry powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Eggs - 4 medium farm-fresh eggs
- Milk - 1 tablespoon milk, whole or skimmed
- Black pepper - Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan (I used a 9-inch saucepan), heat the butter over medium high.
- Put the scapes in the butter and stir for 2 minutes. Cover with a lid and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tofu, curry powder, and salt. Mix and cover again, sauteing for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, covering the ingredients evenly.
- Place the lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Bake on the stovetop for about 10 minutes. The frittata should rise, creating a puffy but firm shape. Your stovetop may be hotter or cooler, so check before 10 minutes is up to avoid burning the bottom of the frittata. You can slice the center with a knife. If it is still runny, it needs to cook longer.
- When done, remove from the stovetop. Serve hot or cold. Sprinkle with black pepper.
Allergens: dairy, eggs, milk