A fine dish, deceivingly simple to prepare! A little something to hold you over before the big feast tomorrow!
Farfalle Pesto Pasta with Olives, Proscuitto and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 2 cubes of pesto, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can black olives
- about 4 slices of prosciutto
- about 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- about 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato olive oil
- 1 box farfalle pasta
- grated parmesan, for garnish
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes over a bowl to take out all of the olive oil. Save the olive oil for later use! Move the tomatoes to a bowl or pan of boiling water. Soak for about 15 minutes, or until tender. Chop the tomatoes, prosciutto and olives, and set aside. Toast the sunflower seeds and set aside. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. In a small pan, heat the pesto with the olive oil. When the pasta is ready, stir in the pesto and olive oil. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Grate parmesan and enjoy!