Fragrant, clusterful, wholesome, and (frankly) perfect granola. It has (shamefully) taken me more than a month to post this recipe. I debated keeping this one a secret! True story.
Then of course I thought of all the lost souls who might never taste a morsel. So please, delight yourself!
I feel that it's best to grind the spices where possible. They will be fresher and full of life.
- 10 pods cardamom, ground with mortar & pestle (substitute 1.5 teaspoons ground cardamom)
- 2 cloves, ground (substitute 1/4 tsp ground cloves)
- 1 sprig dried lavendar, finely minced
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 5 cups quick or rolled oats
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- a little under 1/3 cup sesame
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Mix spices and dry ingredients in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix liquid ingredients. Pour slowly into dry ingredients, mixing intermittently. The mixture should be very moist and sticky; almost wet-looking. Add more honey if it seems dry.
- Pour onto two cookie sheets. Press flat with the back of a spatula to about 1/2 - 3/4 in. thick. Bake for 55 min.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes, or longer. No rush. If you're impatient, you'll forsake the clusters! Use the spatula to remove from the cookie sheets.When you transfer your granola to a jar, mix with golden raisins, or sprinkle on top after.