A quick meal; hearty and healthy, Tuscan inspired.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- a generous spattering of thyme, rosemary, and oregano
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 big bunch mixed greens (chard, mustard greens, kale), chop stems and leaves
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 cup penne pasta, cooked and chopped
- 1 egg sunny side up or poached
- Gruyère, shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic and onions until translucent. Add tomato paste and spices. Simmer for five minutes. Add greens and cover with a lid. When fully wilted and stems are tender, add beans and pasta. Simmer for about seven minutes and take off heat. Cook eggs as desired and server over beans and greens. Sprinkle with gruyere and another round of pepper. I like to melt my egg over the next – yum!