The epitome of a Fall Harvest Salad. This is what happens on a Wednesday night, with a fridge load of this week’s CSA, and some leftover dribbles.
Fall Harvest Salad
- any and all greens, I used a spicy mix (arugula, tat soi, etc.) with a classic baby green mix, but you could even throw in torn turnip or beet greens, kale, you name it!
- 1/2 head of broccoli, diced finely to the point where the florets break apart to adventure through the greens
- 1 minced hot wax pepper, or banana pepper, or heck, bell pepper if they're still on the vine and you're not a fan of spice!
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup toasted and crushed hazelnuts
- 1 bunch torn basil
- Raspberry cordial - 2 tbs. raspberry cordial
- Extra virgin olive oil - 3 tbs.
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbs. dijon mustard to paste it up!
- Balsamic vinegar - 1.5 tbs.
- Salt and Pepper - S&P to taste
- Thyme and Rosemary - Thyme and Rosemary to taste
- Raspberry Cordial:
- Raspberry syrup - 1 bottle or raspberry syrup (pure, no high fructose corn syrup!)
- Water - 1 liter
- Vodka - 1 big bottle of vodka
- Shake and dress before eating.
- Mix and keep on hand to pour over dessert. This was lathered on a freshly-baked bread pudding, also gifted by Connie.