- 1 small white onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small vine ripe tomato
- 1/2 can black beans
- 3-5 eggs, depending on size (ours were almost the size of pullet eggs)
- a small handful of coarsely chopped or torn cilantro
- a few hefty slices of cheddar cheese, chopped
- roasted tomatillo salsa
- salt & pepper to taste
- light olive oil, or a slab of butter
- splash of milk
- In a pan, heat the oil or butter. Saute onions until translucent, and add peppers. Continue to saute until peppers are desired texture (you can keep them crisp). Add tomatoes and beans, and stir until thoroughly heated. Remove contents to a bowl.
- Separately, beat the eggs with a splash of milk. In the same pan, grease lightly again, and scramble eggs. When cooked, add cheddar and continue to stir until the cheese is melted and evenly distributed. Serve mixed with the ranchero salsa or separately. Tomatillo salsa on the side for a punch and more flavor. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
- Pair with coffee or a bloody mary!
Allergens: dairy, eggs, fish